1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

WHICH TURBO? Rear mount single on V6 3.3 200hp with 8.9:1 (truck)

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by techenthusiast, Jun 27, 2017.

1. techenthusiast

V6 3.3 200hp with 8.9:1 (VG33 Nissan Frontier if you're wondering)

I have (most importantly, a welder), long tube headers, no cats and full 2.5 back

Planning on a single turbo rear mount just after my custom non restrictive Y pipe (just where the bed starts), with 2.5 pipe back to the intake. No intercooler.

Planning on a scavenge pump return to oil fill cap.

I have ignition and fueling mostly figured out, wideband and boost gauge already in, so onto my question:

I know it's stupid but Im going with the brand EMUSA for turbo, WG, and BOV

This is a truck so I don't need the top end, I want to boost as low as possible and I rarely take her above 5.5k RPM. Big HP is not my concern and I don't want to boost above 15psi.

Here are my choices, which turbo would you get in my situation?

(Keep in mind rear mount will have lower exhaust velocity and heat yet I want to spool at low rpms)

T3/t4 hybrid .63 AR
    0.50 cold side 49 trim
    0.58 hot side 61 trim

Gt3076
    .70 cold side
    .64 hot side

Gt2860
    .60 cold side
    .69 hot side

Thanks

PS. Yes I know these trucks came with a supercharged model but I want to do a turbo setup

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    gazman likes this.
  2. tbird

probably anything that is similar to a mitsubish 16g or a stock gmc syclone turbo should work well. The syclone is what I would base it off of. They are done making power at 4500 rpm on a 4.3, and come on pretty low rpm.

3. TurboBu

BW s366?

4. Drac0nic

S366 seems big to me, I'd be looking for a 54 or 57 trim T4 with a T3 hot side, .63ish to start with.