1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

blow thru fuel pump

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 87notchstroker, Oct 24, 2013.

1. 87notchstroker

looking for a cheaper alternative to an a1000,anyone have any recommendations? im shooting for 500hp but may be more looking at other combos, heres my build, 357w,stock crank,footballrods,probe pistons,stock 79 heads,for now,tfs 170 tax time!,cam is undecided i want to avoid spending $300 on link bars to run a roller,so cam may be ft,victor jr intake.650 dp (blow thru),spectre hat.ebay gt45 turbo. im working with a $1500 goal to complete this build,going in a gutted notch front seats only,no bumper supports,wipers,etc whats a good pump that will support 500hp?
    is this the gt45 turbo everyones having good luck with? one year warranty sounds pretty good
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-H...Parts_Accessories&hash=item460b34735f&vxp=mtr

2. H.P.Ranch

Don't know of anything any cheaper that will work correctly. $1500.00 budget forget the heads use factory now, let the turbo make the power, buy a hyd. cam with turbo specs. cheap head studs, good head gaskets, but buy the correct pump and forget about it and a good regulator. Cheap turbo, cheap wastegate, cheap blowoff valve, large fuel lines and large return line from turbo and also a wideband for tuning is a must!!! Can't think of any cheaper way to go turbo with blow thru and work correctly. After you play with this for a while and see that you like it buy the heads next tax season but should not have any problem reaching the 500hp your seeking this year:thumbsup:

3. tbird

392 walbro inline pump

4. Sweet5ltr

Another vote for the GL392 (255LPH Walbro). $85 for the kit on Ebay, I'm running two for a 451 Turbo Mopar build. $1,500 budget is beyond low, I would do a spread sheet before hand and get a realistic estimate on how much the total build will cost if you are looking for any reliability; it may surprise you. Good Luck!

5. H.P.Ranch

Thought that pump was for injection also #6 inlet and outlet not reccomended for blow thru. Enter at your own risk

6. Sweet5ltr

Running dual inline pumps. A single 255LPH pump is proven to over 500RWHP in many applications. For two pumps @ $170 and more fuel flow than a A1000 series pump they are definitely the budget fuel pump setup.

7. 87notchstroker

I have set down and figured out everything and im coming up with $1210 that's everything I need rounding up on prices minus fuel pump and regulator,I already have the 351w and the hotside so I think I can do it,with everything all said and done,im going to come in at $2200 with the price of the car,cant beat that for the power it should make

8. 87notchstroker

Before I pull the trigger on the turbo is the one I posted the gt45 everyone has luck with? There's a few online being called gt45s

9. MONTEGOD7SS

That is the correct one, but I would buy it from VSRacing instead of some random company on eBay. Viren 100% stands behind anything he sells, even Chinese turbos.

10. 87notchstroker

I've been looking around and that company gives a 1 year unlimited milage warranty,I didn't look but was told vs sells them for $3 something and if its the same one im all about saving some coin

11. 87notchstroker

what does vs sell these turbos for i cant seem to find the turbo only,i do see a kit which looks pretty good but i alreasy have most of my parts

12. M&M Turbochargers

be sure to get the outlet flange with the gt45turbo