1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1. TurboSuperNoob

So i have a motorcycle , gsxr 1000 06. It has pistons done crankshaft and rods. Its running 12 lbs of boost. It runs fine but i was wondering if cam work would need to be done. Im new to turbos and indepth engine work in general so could someone tell me? And does anyone have a link to explaine cams and cam work in a easy to understand manner?

2. Uncle Bob

Personally, I've never had much success playing with cams on turbo bikes. The power increase is usually pretty slight and can really slaughter the bottom end power, especially if you have lowered the compression ratio.

Depends on the bike of course, some bikes have really neutered cams, but your bike isn't one of them.