1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

which turbo for a built 331

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Wikd331, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Wikd331

OK im trying to figure out which turbo would best suit my car. I have a 90 Mustang with a dart block 331, 9:1 CR, Twisted wedge heads, and a track heat intake. Transmission is a build AODE with a trans brake and car is full interior. I will mostly be street cruising with the occasional trip to the track. I would like something that spools quick and makes good power. Thanks for any input

2. testchimp

You need to be more specific like how much power and what's the ET or trap speed goal?

3. Wikd331

i would like somewhere in the 700s and low 10s or better. car will have a good suspension setup on it and be ready to run

4. Mnlx

What cam? Fuel? What frame turbo, or hot side? Rpm range?

5. Wikd331

crower 15 12 pump gas t4 havent decided on rpm range yet

6. David Neibert

I have a very similar drivetrain in a heavier car, and this is what I've been using. They used to call it a PT76-GTS. Love this turbo !

http://www.precisionturbo.net/Stree...ils/Street-and-Race-Turbocharger---PT7675/277

David