1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

which oil pan for Dart Sportsman block?

Discussion in 'Pushrod Tech' started by mustangmike45, Jul 12, 2010.

1. mustangmike45

I am looking to buy an oil pan for my Dart Sportsman block. I know which one is needed for the IE block and would like to stay away from the Moroso pan with the bolts that go thru it if possible as I know they are a PITA!

Does anyone know which Moroso pan will fit the Sportsman block in a 94gt?

thanks guys

2. 427notch

The sportsmans will accept any standard 7qt pan. Canton, Moroso, Milodon ect. FYI I have had 2 of the moroso pans with the plugs on the bottom and never have they been a PITA. The moroso is the best pan IMO. Nice thick rails, not like the fucking stamped thin canton rails!

3. mustangmike45

Thanks for the info., looks like I will be buying a new Moroso pan at the race in Joliet this weekend. Thanks again!!

4. Bobby

I have a 9.5 Dart Sportsman and a milodon pan. Great pan, but I had to heat it up with a torch and "clearance" it around the #2 main. This was after he main itself was already machined down by the machinist. this was just my .02, but I don't think any pan will just bolt on.