1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

rear end went boom.

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by sleeper, Jul 18, 2004.

1. sleeper

auburn pro bit the dust tonight on a stinking 1.61 60 foot. 3 years of service and it died. so who makes a good dependable unit for the 8.8 now? car is street driven every day. did get a new best tho 7.54 with a 1.66 60ft at 91mph . new suspension so i was messing with the anti roll bar and netted the 1.61 but it didnt like it to much :(

2. TurboSN95

I love my auburn pro, yet I keep hearing of people blowing them up a lot.

3. tom351

moser makes a good one....

4. zac851

I hope the auburn unit is pretty good. I just switched to one.

5. Inda10s

I feel the auburn pro is one of the better units on the market are far a steet traction lock diff goes. Im keeping my fingers crossed now...good luck

6. Disney Lincoln

Detroit True Trak, Eaton posi, and others.

I haev had bad luck with Auburns too.

7. Mick

I installed an ARB Air locker in mine. Great street manners. Need traction? Push a button. Need air, pop the truck and add air off the compressor.

There should be a picture of the ARB near the top of the crappy angelfire webpage when I switched from the 3.73's to 3.27's. Great instructions! That little copper tube is in a tough spot and so fragile though.

I would have got the e-locker if it was avaliable last year when the Auburn bit it.

8. Mikes88Stang

The only thing I noticed with my Auburn is that it does NOT like synthetic fluid. It was making a racket until I swapped to regular gear oil. I guess I should have read the directions... It states it right in them too. I am putting in a detroit-locker. I have a 28 spline Auburn FS if you need one.

9. SNEAKY

31 spline truck carrier shimmed real tight.

10. Saleen91

2 thumbs up on that one here. I lost count on how many years mine has propelled my 3800# tug boat.

11. 19COBRA93

I couldn't be happier with mine.