1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Which Lowers to get rid of quad shocks?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by smokehouse_83, Jul 19, 2004.

1. smokehouse_83

I have heard that you can remove the quad shocks when you use certain lower control arms. Which ones exactly? I have heard you can with ssm bars. Also is there any difference in mounting with the 7.5 and the 8.8? My car for now has a 7.5 posi I am going to run till I can afford a 9 or 8.8 thats built.

Drew

2. Alex in Houston

3. TurboShortBus

Quad shocks are there to absorb the axle hop under accleration that occurs when you have soft, shitty stock bushings. Using almost any control arm with polyurethane bushings pretty much eliminates this condition.

Here's a word of advice...AVOID Southside bars. They suck on the street, unless you really don't care about ride quality or your torque boxes getting violated.

Now that I think of it, with your 7.5" axle, the last thing you want is traction! *BOOM*

Mark