1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

which intercooler horizontal or vertical (tanks top/bottom)flow 20lbs boost

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by vprNup, Sep 2, 2008.

1. vprNup

I cant seem to find out which Intercooler I should use for my 347 ford with 20 lbs of boost
    I know procharger uses vertical flow (tanks top and bottom) so Is this better than horizontal design(side to side)?
    thanks for any help

2. Chacata

The rule: always use more quantity of shorter tubes. So yes, the top to bottom type are better in this case.

You may want to read Corky Bell's book "Maximum Boost". Good luck :2thumbs:

3. vprNup

I never knew that, but thats why a procharger type (vertical flow) is so much more money
    thank you

4. xr8tt

I have run up to 20 Lb through my bar and plate $300 AU intercooler.. Just make sure they are big enough..
    600 X 300 X100 mm will flow 850 h.p easy.. Had no issues with our hot weather in Aussie..
    Corkey's book needs to be upgraded .. It's little old tech now...Good starting point though..
    The thermal theory wouldn't come into play at higher boost levels...

5. vprNup

so many choices don't know what to do :bang:
    I will be around that 800hp range :chacha: