1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

AOD-E issues

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by turbo302, Feb 13, 2003.

1. turbo302

I have an AOD-E upgraded by level 10. After a cold start when i shift the car from park it takes a few seconds before the gear engages. Any one ever have this prob? Is anyone else running an AOD-E?

2. HBC

I have nothing but bad things to say about aod-e's. My 95 has 40k miles on it, this passed week I supposivly "shredded" my valve body. Its been in the shop for a week now and will probably be quite a few more days before I see it.

3. EvilTwistedTwins

I dont care for AODEs myself but it sounds like its not full or the converter is not full ? when i worked for Ford i think i replaced AODEs 4-7 times a week :rolleyes:

4. mr_minnis

check your fluid level first of all. second of all i have no other idea or suggestions. :taunt:
    joking you might also check with level 10 to see if there is something you can adjust on the vb that controls that