1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Ford Injector

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by lextreme, Apr 26, 2003.

1. lextreme

Hey Gang,

I have heard most Ford injectors are made by Bosch. Anyone know if the injectors for the mustangs are Top Feed and High Impedance? I wonder if the domestic injectors would work on import cars like my Lexus V8. I am looking for 8 52-55 lbs injectors

2. WaterPog

yes, most fuel injectors are pretty interchangable, and yes fords are top-feed/high impedance.

3. lextreme

Waterdog,

Are you sure about the high impedance? I have heard that are low impedance. Which model of mustang is high impedance. i.e., 5.0, 4.6 SOHC or 4.6 DOHC.

I know one of the Ford car (Not sure which one) comes with 50 lbs as their oem injector?

4. WaterPog

yes, stock all the fords are high impedance, you have to get the computer modified to run low impedance. As far as I know the largest that ford has used in a production car (gasoline) is 42# in the lightnings.

5. lextreme

My Lexus V8 has high impedance setup and I am looking for 8 Ford high impedance 42-50 lbs injectors. The domestic injectors are a lot cheaper than import.

6. Nestromaro

You could prolly ask over at Supraforums. Your car has a 2jz swap right? Or was that someone else, if it's the one that I'm thinkin it's a hell of a daily driver luxury ride.

7. lextreme

No 2JZ swap. Just V8 with two T3. I am getting a custom build motor and trying to save some money on import injectors. supraforum members inform me that it would not work unless i have a low impedance driver.

It will be an awesome daily driver. We are aiming around 500 rwhp hp. The limit of my setup would be my turbos. They max out around 640 bhp and my transmission will give up way before that.

8. Nestromaro

:stickhit: Duh, it's a V8 of course it's not a 2jz!

I'm sure that there is something strong that you can put in that trans tunnel. :cool:

9. Traction Issuez

if you're only shooting for about 500bhp then 42's will be fine
    issuez

10. Nestromaro

Hmm.... '00 Cobra R?

'03 Cobra?

I know it's not production but wonder what they used in that bad boy super stallion! :eek: As I recall that thing had a Garett supercharger on a clutch.

11. pattymelt1285

I will sell you a set of 8 new high impedance MSD 50# injectors for $450.

12. TwinTrouble

I was under the impression that the SVO's and turbo coupes used low impedience injectors...I foud this out back when i was gonna buy 2 sets of 4 for my car.

Either way, it doesnt matter if he is looking for high impedience injectors anyways...