1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Replacing Stator (hall effect Sensor)

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Alex in Houston, Apr 26, 2003.

1. Alex in Houston

2. MORA

Hooker

Take out the whole dist and check it out. Just think that when you fix that you will be able to smoke some tires again.

3. Matt

Alex,
    Let me dig throgh my bookmarks. I went through this a few months back trying to get my 351 started.....

4. Erik88GT

I've had two of my cars just die like you said and in both cases it was the ignition module that bolts to the outside of the distributor.

5. Traction Issuez

yeah, the ignition module on the distributer gets hot and goes south
    issuez

6. hidden

I've had TFI modules go bad before. But when my STATOR went bad the car didnt die. The car just ran really really rough. Not knowing what RPM the car was at basically. adding timing here and there. I was able to limp the car home 25 miles like that. I replaced the stator the next day. BTW it was in my 3000 mile old MSD Billet Dist. I replaced the STATOR with a Ford unit. I also replaced the MSD TFI with a Ford unit.

The stator is easy to replace.. Its just a rollpin your taking out to get the gear off.

I had a backup distributor anyway. Good thing about owning three fords. :)

-Dave