1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

proper way to install manual boost controller with external wastegate

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 69coupe, Jun 19, 2016.

1. 69coupe

Curious to correct way to install boost controller with external wastegate. My system has high back pressure so I need to plumb this so that back pressure does not open wastegate. Everything I google shows boost controller in line Between turbine housing and wasgate port. I dont think that will work in my case. Boost controller is an ebay special. Comes with a one way tee. Not sure if that is needed. Help if you can or give me a link. I tried searching, but nothing really helped.

2. Chuck L

"Between turbine housing and wasgate port." ???

3. M&M Turbochargers

usually you will install the boost controller between the compressor housing and the bottom port of the gate

4. 69coupe

Sorry, typo. i meant compressor housing....my bad. Yes I know that, but since my build has alot of back pressure that way Will not work from what I understand. I hooked it up, boost controller to a tee, tee goes to compressor housing, other side to bottom wastegate port. Other side of controller goes to top vent of wastgate. I am just trying to verify, that this is the correct way for high backpressure setups. Maybe I am not asking the right question. Good catch on the turbine, compressor...i swear I am not a noob.....geez....:bang:

5. $2.99