1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

best day ever!

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by allmotor65stang, Apr 13, 2010.

1. allmotor65stang

well pulled the trans to send the converter back and boom look what i find.how could of this happened!
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

2. BlownShovel

ouch. I've seen stress fractures as well as Converter bolted on a bind cause similar results

3. 427notch

I have seen them do that if the converter was not seated properly. Sometimes you think it is in, but it can still go a bit more.

4. blownpony

lol, yes...yes this is true

5. MONTEGOD7SS

That is sig line material right there.

6. 10secgoal

Check your thrust to make sure man. Doesn't take time for a converter not seated properly to hurt a thrust bearing. Not saying you did for sure. But checking wouldn't hurt.

7. 1windsor1

any updates on this one?

8. allmotor65stang

yah there gonna fix it for me at no cost wich is good but im still lost at HOW that could break like that..FB had no answers on how it broke but glad it broke now then racing down the strip i guess..

9. 1windsor1

Interesting....good they'll fix it for free.

I'll be following the progress. Bad ride for sure