1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Anybody try LiquiMoly "Anti-friction"?

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by 724QuikFast, Feb 26, 2019.

1. 724QuikFast

I'm curious if anyone has tried this "anti-friction" oil additive. and if so did it work? i'm thinking about trying it and posting a short video about it.
    I will video the journal bearing turbo; if it takes longer to spool down from 2k rpm.
    (?)

2. B E N

Anti-friction oil additive....

3. TTF/Ken Staff Member

I've always preferred to buy the right oil that is formulated to meet the needs of the engine setup. Otherwise, I'm playing the part of underhood oil chemist, and I'm not a chemical engineer, lol.

I stick with a good 100% synthetic with an additive package to withstand high temperatures while maintaining a good film between metal, and lower shear wear. Which synthetic depends on the engine, such as the zinc levels, etc. I'd fork out the $25 for a Blackstone Labs test to see if there are any problems with the oil you're using now, and what, if any, type of wear levels you're having. They'll also make recommendations based on the results, such as keep using the oil you currently are, if you should raise or lower oil change intervals, if you're using the right viscosity oil for the application, etc.

724QuikFast likes this.
  4. Disney Lincoln

How will you know it's at 2,000rpm?

5. 65ShelbyClone

'Cuz that's what the tach will say when he shuts the engine off and runs to the engine bay with a camera and precision stopwatch. :biggrin-new:

724QuikFast likes this.
  6. B E N

Look up hydrodynamic lubrication and you will understand why this is not necessary and in fact a waste of money, and valuable oil space.

724QuikFast and TTF/Ken like this.
  7. 724QuikFast

i was mainly wondering about oil additives because i tried PBlaster in the CHRA and the turbo spun a lot longer once the engine was turned off as if it was ball bearing.
    If PBlaster made an oil i 100% guarantee it would be best-seller.I woudn't use the spray for long at all. Too thin.

8. Bad Medicine Racing

It did that because it is much thinner than oil.