1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Where can I buy a turbo kit for my 94 mustang

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by LebronJaaames, Mar 5, 2019.

1. LebronJaaames

I’m new to the turbo forums and turbos in general I’ve got my 94 mustang 5.0 together now and I’m ready for the turbo, problem is I can’t find anyone who sells a kit, on3 is out of stock till who knows when I’ve already called them, I’ve tried calling b&g fabrication, no answer. I left them a message and still haven’t heard anything back. If anyone on here could recommend a company to me they know of I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you all

2. Pro-SC

3. LebronJaaames

Thank you for taking the time to chime in, I had taken a look at CG fab but I really want a complete kit that comes with the hot/cold side, turbo, intercooler bov, wastegate, oil supply and return lines etc. there products do look good no doubt I just want a full kit. It seems like a few companies were selling complete kits a few years ago and now that I have the money to get one I can’t find anyone who sells these at the moment or anymore at all. I would even be interested in buying a complete kit used if I could find one

4. fastspec2

+1 Only guys with stuff on the shelf or at least know how a calendar works. Most of the other USA built kits are essentially vaporware. You can order them, but you'll never get them, So unless you want a frustrating text message relationship with someone.............................

You are not going to find a complete 100% solution.
    As none of these cars are 100% stock anymore, there is not a market for a 100% bolt on kit like there used to be.
    It is going to take you putting some skin in the game.
    Closest is probably on3 but if sourcing some oil feed and random parts turns you off, the modifications needed to get an on3 kit to work, fit well, and be reliable are going to be far worse of a hurdle.

Apollo likes this.
  5. LebronJaaames

rifht I’m good to know, I’m not worried about putting in work on the turbo setup I’ve already got a lot of work and time in my 94,why stop now lol. I’ve heard good things about b&g and would really like to get one of there kits but I’m not getting any calls back from them. Would anyone happen to know if there still in business? I also thought about getting the on3 fox kit and making it work but after doing some research it sounds like it’s not worth it, my 5.0 is already in and running and according to what I’ve read I would have to swap accessories and throttle body setup with a Fox body type

6. Pro-SC

They do have a cold side for the sn95 5.0. It is just sold separately https://cgfabrication.com/collections/ford-street-kits/products/94-95-intercooler-kit but
    Once you have the hotside the cold side is easy to fab up. Try treadstone for a budget but half decent intercooler. Some people do not like dealing with them but I like there intercoolers. They are sort of a middle of the road cooler, better than eBay but not as good as the best. I think if you look at one from treadstone you will not mind getting it separate, especially for the price.

7. fastspec2

You will never receive a kit from bg or pony down. There is a reason you receive no response from them. At least thats my experience.

Building your own is really the best way.

8. Disney Lincoln

B&G is one of the best you can get and I would keep trying to get one from there if you can. I'd rather have herpes than an On3 kit.

Pro-SC and fastspec2 like this.
  9. fastspec2

I agree, its less then ideal. On3 are assholes, with horrible business ethics. Its why I suggest building your own system.

10. Bad Medicine Racing

Or a case of the clap. Lots more fun to get and much easier to get rid of.

Red98422 likes this.