1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

When did overhaulin start telling the mark they were on the show?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by Leftoverchinese, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Leftoverchinese

Seriously, this is just silly now. It must be the way they are doing things now. I saw them try to trick some chick and then when it looked like she was going to bust them they came clean and I figured that was just one episode, but this one they just walked into a kids room and said, "hey, your on overhaulin." When did they start doing that? It really seems to take a lot of the fun out of the show.

2. Daddy

Although I haven't watched the show in a while, I'm guessing they're telling people right off the bat to cover their asses. With the economy hitting people hard everyone's going to be a little more concerned when something gets "stolen" and chances are won't wait a week till something gets done.

That or the show has gotten in trouble in the past. :noidea:

3. Kerrdogg

Atleast the Mark gets a little input instead of going off what the wife/ buddy/ neighbors kid thought you wanted. My wish list would be very different if I knew Chip Foose was at the controls.

4. blacksaleen95

Hell yeah. Foose is the man.

5. ackstang

Right after The Fonz jumped the shark.....

6. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

Wasnt the cause of this the guy that had the numbers matching mach1 overhauled and had a complete shit fit? They didnt paint the door jambs or the under carrage, plus had alot of overspray. Though I guess this could just be rumor.

7. Daddy

There was another one earlier, either a Pontiac or Olds, that they blew the motor hot rodding it back to the shop (they even made mention of it during the show). The guy was pissed cause the car barely ran after they were done overhauling it, and his wife, although grateful, was trying to make it all right. It was a while ago though, I even think it made it on here.

I like the concept of the show, and it's nice that they are doing that kind of stuff for people, but honestly who here would really want a shop to rush together their car in a deadline? I know I wouldn't. Maybe some of it's the drama of the show, but the last thing I'd want done to my pride and joy is to have the guy working on it scrambling around at 3 in the morning putting it back together the night before they were to give it back to me.

8. Leftoverchinese

It was an olds 442 that they blew the motor on. I think it was sold on Ebay or something a little while after they had it. I think they have a contract stating they have to keep it for a year or something. I hadn't heard about the Mach 1 though. Ehh, between you and me, I'd love to have mine stripped apart and painted in a week with some new interior, lol. The rest I think I can handle. :2thumbs:

9. Saul

I hated that show after they overhauled some celebrity's muscle car. I don't remember who it was (nobody too famous anymore) but you knew that guy had enough money to finish that car if he wanted to, meanwhile the average joe is deciding whether or not he can afford spray paint just to paint the damn motor. :bang:

and yeah my list would be different if I knew Chip Foose was gonna build it!

10. WTFWSAT

Lance Armstrong.....when he was with Sheryl Crow ? I cant remember what the car was but i thought the same thing when i saw that episode.

11. mfpmax

These past 1-2 seasons is when they changed the show. I think Foose took over or something. I stopped watching it awhile ago but now I just don't have cable so I don't know what they are doing besides the 3 or 4 episodes I downloaded

I actually was getting sick of the old format because the show started to become more about the prank then the build up of the car. Just like American Chopper became more about the drama then the build up of the bike.

12. mootang

it was a pontiac lemans

13. Daddy

Yeah but.....he lost a testicle, you gotta give him a little bit of a break. Granted a fixed up car won't replace a testicle, but it's a nice gesture. I would hope that if my wife looses one of my nuts out of her purse that you guys would chip together and fix up something for me...like my wifes purse so she quits loosing them.

:D

14. 86lxnotch

lmfao :lau:

15. jt351

The show always bothered me a little, I won't let another man change my oil beside overhaul it, If my car were finished, I'd have to get rd of it, To me that is the point of making it yours. Plus what the hell with these extreme exact deadline and rushing the shit out of a build, they already stole the car, why not keep it another day and make it right....