1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Wheeltub questions

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by gofastpat67, Apr 22, 2009.

1. gofastpat67

I am mocking up everything to put in my wheeltubs and floor in my 67 nova pro street project. I was wondering, is it standard practice to tack weld the tub to the floor and frame rail every inch or so and fill in the rest with seam sealer or to fully weld it? I also know that you are not supposed to weld the tub to the quarter panel. I understand that you need to get the tub as close to the quarter panel as possible and then seal it with silicon or seam sealer. How close should I try to get? Is 1/4 inch to big of a gap? Lastly, does everyone install their tubs level or do you tip them forward or back? What is the purpose of this if you tilt them? Thanks in advance. I just want to do this right the first time

2. allmotor65stang

that is what i just did tacked welded it and seamed it with seam sealer.i wouldnt weld everthing.