1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What's the fastest anyone has gone with 42 lb injectors & turbo?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by LowTensLX, Sep 9, 2008.

1. LowTensLX

What's the fastest anyone has gone with 42 lb injectors & turbo?

Everyone says that you can only make...blah, blah power with 42s, but I've gone as fast as 9.94 @ 139 with them in the past. I've got a lighter car and a bigger turbo this time around and I want to see just how fast I can go. This was with no chip or tuning device...just good old fashion fuel pressure and timing.

So let's hear what everyone has done with 42s. Give me some links to some videos too...I'm fired up and can't wait to see how wicked fast some of you guys have gone!! :2thumbs:

2. Mill Creek Mafia

Re: What's the fastest anyone has gone with 42 lb injectors & turbo?

I think your the only Freak on here lol :stupid:

3. LowTensLX

Yeah, you're probably right...I just have this problem with pushing things FAR BEYOND what they were designed for...LOL! I thought that I saw a video a couple of months ago of a Notchback that ran 9.80s or so with a stock block and 42s, but I can't find it now.

At any rate, I'm shooting for 9.70s with 42s and no chip or tuner. With my last car I only ran 43 psi of fuel pressure at vac and saw 58 psi under boost...It did go 9.94, but that was with 5 gallons of 110 and 5 gallons of 93. We'll see.

4. Mill Creek Mafia

i'd hope your at least going to use a wideband this time lol

5. LowTensLX

Ahaha...yeah, I like the wideband. It's nice to know what's going on inside the "little engine that could"! Give me some credit...I did atleast use an EGT on the last car.

6. turbogsxr

I have a banshee w/ a turbo gsxr1000 in it and it has 42's. It's pretty damn fast does that count? lol. It's on e85 so i have the fuel pressure @ 70psi i think, to make them work.

7. LowTensLX

Sure, that counts...LOL! That's awesome, how well does it run?

8. turbogsxr

Well like a bat out of hell i guess lol, the quad is 400lbs and put down 230rwhp (superflow quad dyno) on 12psi boost, Is has an Aem on it and a gt28r76 turbo. It's the best runing quad i have ever had. It always starts and run's good. the 42's are maxed out w/ e85 fp is 70psi, I don't know if 70psi is good for it or not but it work's. Anyway sorry for posting this on here but it is the fastest i have gone w/ 42lb injectors and turbo haha.

9. huafist

I don't mean to come off as a jerk, but "pushing things way beyond their limits," is a good way to ensure you're replacing parts you break. If you've got the money to do that sort of thing, go for it, tell the rest of us how far you made it - but if I'm over the 80%IDC mark on my injectors, I'm upgrading. Injectors are cheaper than a rebuild.

10. LowTensLX

The problem is that I do not have the money right now to buy a tuner or have the car dyno tuned. I know from experience that 42s will support a good bit of power with a huge fuel system, which I have. I was just curious if anyone had ever gone faster than I did...that's all. Once I have the cash, I will definitely upgrade to much larger injectors, but for now...I will concentrate on maximizing my suspension and reducing vehicle weight to attain the quickest possible ET from a street car that I can drive anywhere.

11. 19COBRA93

I'm a big fan of pushing parts beyond their "limit" as well.

I've been 10.55@133 with 42's in a turbo 93 cobra (mostly stock motor).
    and recently 10.77@131 in my 03 cobra with the stock 39's (stock pumps, stock clutch).

Not as fast as yours, but for 5000 feet altitude it's pretty respectable.

12. ami2loud

im kind of wondering the same thing. Im sure with my 351w and S400 42lb'ers may not be a good idea. I assume 60's would be the correct choice but im with you, ive seen 9 sec passes with 42's.

13. n8secstangg

9.80's with an s-trim wit 42's, and since a blower car uses more fuel at a given hp than a turbo car i would say 9.60's arent much of a problem

14. notched306

run e85 on those injectors and then tell me what your wideband says :D thats what i had in my car,when i switched to e85 my wideband pegged within 1/4 mile of driving it,not racing just driving.

15. LowTensLX

Wow! I would say that is very respectable indeed...at altitude or even sea-level for that matter.

16. slowfox

I think the Canadian nut Toma has trapped 139.75 and 9.79et with a set. www.tomak.net click on stock block 5.0 under past projects

17. ncontt

I have been wondering this as well, I have 331 (good fuel system) and probably either a MP T70 or a T76 of some soret...

18. LowTensLX

Yeah, that's the problem with E85 is that you need alot more fuel system or maybe I'm confusing it with straight alcohol...who knows. I believe the rate of burn is much faster than gasoline, but I'm not sure what the ratio is. I wonder if anyone has really made a crap pile of power using 42s and water-meth injection?? That would be awesome to have a mid 9 second streeter that runs on pump gas only...especially with a little 306!

19. notched306

you use about 30% more fuel at wot on e85.i had my car at 12.0 on the wideband without the 02 sensors hooked up and it pegged the wb within 1/4 mile.i had to turn up the fuel pressure alot

20. LowTensLX

What are the major benefits of E85? I'm not even sure where I would be able to get it around here in Central PA.