1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What's the cheapest way to put a T56 into a 1995 mustang?

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by FastDriver, Jan 22, 2008.

1. FastDriver

My friend has a '95 mustang and wants to put a T56 in it preferably, but can't seem to make it work for the $2500 he has to put it in. Any ideas on how I can help him make this happen? All of the kits we look up seem to put the swap at between $3500 and $4000.

He's running a stock 5.0 block so a Viper spec shouldn't be necessary. What is the cheapest reputable place to get a T56 conversion kit from, and how much do they go for?

Chris

2. FastDriver

3. Zacharyx

probably the cheapest way would be to find a used t56 and piece together the rest of the conversion, may you could find a wrecked 6 speed car for a deal and recoupe some of the cost by parting the rest of it out. Other than that I think pro-motion has a decent price on them

http://www.promotionpowertrain.com/1870533.html

4. FastDriver

Zach,

Hey, I really appreciate the response. Those prices are pretty good, and I think you're right. My friend will have to get a used transmission or something out of a junker to make it work for his budget, but thanks anyway. I'll show him the link.

Chris