1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What's the big difference between the NGK TR6 and R5671-A8

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by rick90lx, Sep 21, 2012.

1. rick90lx

Both of those plugs I believe are listed as being 1 step colder than factory. I'm running old school highports and was looking for some plugs, a friend mentioned he's been running the TR6 in everything but I didn't see them listed in the sparkplug FAQ thread. Any advice?

Edit: I may have just came across something that said the TR6 is a 4.6 plug. Maybe I got bad info from my buddy?

2. Disney Lincoln

Tapered seat vs gasket seat comes to mind.... It won't work in your heads.

3. rick90lx

Thanks, I overlooked that.

4. tbird

5671-XX is a non extended tip plug and gasket seat.

Not sure if they make non extend tip TR6. All the TR6 ive had where extended tip and taper seat.