1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What Shifter/Tranny Do I Have? STIFF SPRINGS!

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by Winutt1342, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Winutt1342

Hello,
    I just bought a new toy and was told it was upgraded with a TKO 5-speed. I've since dug in and it looks like it was a Keisler Perfect Fit TKO. I'm not sure if it's a 500 or 600. Any sure fire way to tell?

Also, the shifter is ridiculously stiff from side to side, my wife can't even move the shifter. Any thoughts here? I'm thinking maybe it's the spring(s)? I've done digging but can't find anything as it's not your average shifter (In pics). It's the Blue one built by Keisler and isn't your standard Red Tremec shifter, which you can open up the sides and pull out the springs. Anyone ever deal with one of these before?

Shifter1a.jpg #ad

Shifter2a.jpg #ad

Shifter3a.jpg #ad

2. vinces427bb

is that an offset type shifter to come up thru the console??
    i had the 5.0shifter on my tremec and it was a narrow gate
    but it shifted very nice & easy:evil:

3. Winutt1342

It's an offset shifter, like this one:

[​IMG]#ad

4. vinces427bb

you may have to open where the shifter is attached to inspect that the offset linkage is still properly attached to the main shift rod assembly

there has been some talk about the shift forks bending
    it kinda sounds like it is locked in gear and not disengaging

that could explain why its not moving side to side in the neutral gate???:afraid2:

5. Winutt1342

Thanks, I'll have to look into it. Being it's in a C4 Vette and I don't have a lift right now, this is going to be fun...