1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Whats everyone's thoughts on FiTech efi?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by gearhead37683, Mar 14, 2016.

1. gearhead37683

i am thinking of buying the FiTech 1200hp power adder system for my 351w turbo build, currently i am set up for a carb so i think the fitech would be a good system that will be easy to tune. does anyone have any experience with fitech on a turbo motor? if so how do you like it? and any issues with it so far?

2. poboyracin

Awesome system. I helped hook up a 600hp unit on an N/A street ride. Runs awesome with very minor tuning. Ordered 1200hp unit but back ordered. The 600hp unit didn't have laptop hook up but the power adder version does. The hand held tuner uses 3x3 matrix for tuning afr and spark. Supposedly the power adder versions are 10x12 capable with a lap top. Can't wait to see.

3. gearhead37683

Awesome Thanks, I plan on ordering the 1200 hp power adder version in the next couple weeks, and so far i have only seen good things about this system and for me the ease of tuning this system is what really has me sold on it.

4. boostedtorino

have two friends that their systems should ship soon. Ill let ya know how they do as soon as we get them on and running. looks like a good system for the money and if all goes well with these two I will be getting the PA1200 kit myself for a project.

5. 5.0thunder

Heard only good things about them. I'm reaaalllyy wanting to use a power adder 600hp kit on a weiand 174 blower.

6. gearhead37683

Yeah i have been doing alot of research and everything i have heard is positive, so i finally decided to pull the trigger and order the power adder 1200 kit from summit racing.I figured if i was going to do it, now was the time since FiTech is offering a rebate until may 31. The only down side is right now everything is on back order and they said it takes about 3-4 weeks to get it. my car still wont be ready for another month or two so i guess i can wait.

7. thews

I am in the same boat (on waiting for the kit to ship from summit). Going to run 600 Power Adder on my 3.5lt Rover V8 with a single turbo. See how it does on a smaller engine and update you guys.

http://www.thewedgeshop.com/clints-coupe.html

8. M&M Turbochargers

let me know if you need anything else guys, i can arrange a drop ship from Fitech

9. Silverbulletman

Well I'm also hoping it works. I've made the jump from blow thru carb to blow thru fitech with hopes of better performance and afr's. M & M Turbochargers set me up with a 1200 unit and hopefully I'll b up and running within days. Super easy install.
    [​IMG]#ad

10. gearhead37683

nice, i have been waiting a right at a month and summit racing still hasn't received their backorders yet so im still waiting lol, how long did it take you to get your unit from M&M?

11. Silverbulletman

Was a couple weeks start to finish and with Shane keeping me updated. Hes a great seller to deal with.

12. BDR

wait wut.. I didnt know you had an LS. Ok..Now I'm real interested to see how it runs. So you have a MSD 6010 right? How are you going to set up the ignition timing? How much boost are you going to run?

13. tcrazy4

What fuel are you running thru that efi unit, Will it will run race gas-leaded or will it mess up the O2 sensor, Or will you run Unleaded race gas , I was told there was a 30% hp loss with E85 because the amount of fuel it can spray?

14. Silverbulletman

I run the 6012 box , as far as timing I will b using the same curve I did with the carb..I run the car on the street at 28 degrees timing. I start pulling timing out 4 degrees into boost and ramp down to 12 degrees on 10 pounds boost and 94 octane. This combo has gone 10.40's . Race gas ( leaded) , I run 32 total and 4 pounds in I ramp down to 14 degrees. This has nabbed me 9.80's slippin and sliding. As far as the leaded race fuel I screwed up a o2 sensor last year. This year I will b using unleaded race fuel.

15. boostfridge

Any updates on this? Sounds like something that I should look into!

16. Silverbulletman

Well I've been running the system and what I can tell you it has been a breath of fresh air for me. I had a great working carb but its nice to not worry about afr's now at all under high boost levels and getting rid of the sometime starting issue is nice. I love the data logging part of this thing also. So far so good. Now to turn the boost up and head for those low 9's.

17. M&M Turbochargers

guys i have (2) 1200hp and (1)600hp unit in stock

18. 91c1500sleeper

Newb here. This is the only forum I habe found with FITech owners. The low down is this. Ive had the 400 horse system on my sbc 350 mild build for the last month now. When ever I get the truck started(still my main and only issue) it runs and drives great. I have called fitech half a dozen times. Changed the startup and crank values way too much to have the same poor start up no matter if its cold or warm. Im about to ship it back to them and run a carb again. I plan to turbo the truck in the future but want to run what I have. Dont mean to hijack this thread but I need any and all the help I can get. Thanks

19. 91c1500sleeper

Just an update. I changed the fuel filter today and readjusted the crank #'s. It starts in fewer tries now if I let the fp run until it stops. I suspect my pump is bleeding back to the tank. Wont know until I can get a pressure gauge on the line. A PO cut the schrader off the line. I also learned off the fitech site you can adjust the setting on the fp in the protuning section.

20. M&M Turbochargers

you might look at the prime settings maybe it needs less or more fuel