1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Whats everyones HP with just a turbo and no other mods???

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Mrpeeps81, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Mrpeeps81

I was thinking bout just putting a Master Power T70 on my 94 GT 5 speed. The motor is completely bone stock down to the oil pan. What you think i could get for some HP numbers?? would 400 be possible?

2. Stang Seller

With the right fuel system and exhaust, very very easily. There's no better way to add HP and lots of torque to your Stang than with a turbo system.
    SS

3. turbonator

i made 380 at the wheels at 5300' and 9psi and valve covers havent been off it with an hp kit and 11.1 a/f

4. Mrpeeps81

well thats good to know. thats what i was looking to make for power. i didnt want to make any more cause the 94-95 motors come with hyperutectics. I would think anything above 400 horse would be a bad idea, plus this is the everyday car so i was looking for something with a little kick. I got my twin turbo notch for the real power. :angel:

5. 88Stangaruu

make sure you get it tuned well, its even more serious about getting it tuned well with some hypers. It should be fine. Ive seen guys run 10psi on hypers for years, with a good tune of course.

6. Stang Seller

As long as you're keeping the detonation in check you should be fine. Those pistons arent really weak knee'd when it comes to power production, all it really takes is some pre-ignition for them to go bye bye. Keep the tune conservative, always keep a bottle of octane booster just in case you get bad gas, and keep the tune up components in good shape.
    SS

7. ctozzi

I have a hellion 9 psi kit with 100% stock motor, here is the setup and dyno #'s the #'s are with only 7 pounds of boost.

8. FATHERFORD

My 92 gt bone stock with 200k on the odo with 11psi from the base hellion system put down 405rwhp untuned.

9. Mrpeeps81

those are nice numbers for a stock setup. If i do this setup, ill have a wideband for the tuning and i know a guy who has a chassis dyno like right down the street from me. Gas wont be a problem up here in Rhode Island. 93 and 94 octane are easily available everywhere on the pump. Also, a town away from me sells 100 and 110 Cam 2 race gas on the pump which is like a 10 minute drive. Gotta love Rhode island. Everything is like a 5 minute drive away. :2thumbs:

10. ctozzi

i grew up in portsmouth r.i now i live in vegas

11. Mrpeeps81

No shit. So do ya miss RI at all or would you never think twice bout coming bac?. Ive been thinking bout moving to orlando just to have nice weather year round and be close to the dragstrip. sucks up here cause the drag strip is a 2 hour drive, but you know bout that. Im just wondering if im gonna hate it down there just cause it'll probably be a drive to get anywhere.

12. ctozzi

honestly i don't miss it at all. the style of life on the west coast is so different. i went to college @ arizona state univ and got a job here and now my family gas followed suit.

13. fastwhite86gt

hey where do you guys live in ri? i live in the warwick area.

14. ctozzi

i used to live in portsmouth. that was 6 years ago

15. Mrpeeps81

I live near the libraray in west warwick, like couple minutes from the police station. You got a myspace account cause i made a page on there to meet poeple around RI with mustangs. Its called R.I.M.C. (Rhode Island Mustang Club). Ill send you the link if you want to join up. Nothing really happened this year but next year im gonna try to arrange some places to meet up for like street cruises and stuff like that.

16. ctozzi

no i do not have a myspace page. the last time i was back in r.i was about 3 yrs ago for a friends wedding