1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What will spool the fastest?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by martin0079, May 29, 2013.

1. martin0079

I am designing a build for my car and a trying to determine what will spool the fastest. The CHRA and comp housing will remain the same. The Turbine housing will change to which ever one will generate the fastest spool.

The options are as follows:

T3 Housing .83A/R single scroll internal wastegate - single scroll manifold - I feel would be the slowest
    T3 Housing .86A/R single scroll external wastegate - single scroll manifold - I feel would be the slowest
    V-band Inlet Housing .86A/R single scroll external wastegate - single scroll manifold - could be one of the fastest
    T4 Housing .92A/R twin scroll with a QSV internal wastegate - single scroll manifold - could be the fastest
    T4 Housing .92A/R twin scroll internal wastegate - pseudo twin scroll manifold - could be the slowest

Car is a 3.0L V6 this will be a Twin turbo setup that is why it can only have a pseudo twin scroll manifold.

2. M&M Turbochargers

your smallest ar t3 housing would spool the fastest

3. 302f150

What he said. Lowest A/R on smallest package housing will spool fastest, but becomes a restriction at lower power levels

4. turbofreek

Must have proper info to nail down a serious answer to your troubled questioning.

Rpm, power desired, etc... any turbo will spool quicker with smaller ar and flange entry/mount. But turbine wheel diameter is a factor as well. Having equal ar numbers on two very different size turbine wheela will be hugely different. A gtx55 with a turbine of 97mm will be crazy slow compared to a standard t3 foot 42mm turbine wheel. Think 8oz glass vs 5 gallon bucket for a quick splash. One takes way more than the other. One holds more than the other.