1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

looking for a tried and true combo on my 347!

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by thunderchikn, Nov 5, 2010.

1. thunderchikn

Just got my short block together and now for the screw. 347 big bore 8.71 compression(3.25stroke,5.315 rod,4.125 bore) all forged of course,18cc dss pistons,205 cnc tfs wedges 65cc. claimed to flow 316 at .600.lift. Boss block,girdle.cam specs-solid roller,[email protected] [email protected] exhaust,114 lobe sep,.560 liftintake,.579 exhaust. parker funnelweb intake.Belt drive. Its home is an 88 t-bird,c-4 w/brake and 2 step,chris alston fab9 with 373's,325/50/15 DR's. Im looking to get in the 5.80 zone or better of course,I have a current 3000 stall converter in it as of now but i know its not gonna cut it,but it will work for the dyno until i get some numbers for my custom converter. The car weighed 3180 with me,but its been on a diet lately. Realistically i feel like its gonna take 700- 800 rwhp to get there. Ive seen alot of killer combos on here, but every motor is different. Also before i get these headers from pony down,what primaries ? 1-5/8 or 1-3/4? Just dont wanna come up shy from the wrong turboby wrong ar. or lag problems.I will post some pics of the build once I get everything in order.Thanks guys.

011.JPG #ad

010.JPG #ad