1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Where to put the air filter on a cartech SS.

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by RoadRage, Mar 16, 2003.

1. RoadRage

Hi,
    Well though this shoudns like a silly question i do have a problem with it.

When i bought the SS kit from cartech i also orderd a Pro-M drawthrough MAF since i was switching to larger injectors, it turns out the pro-m MAF is bigger than the stock one, and if i put it all together the air filter will never clear the front bumper (missing more than 2")

i dont know how to move it since it will affect airflow to the MAF.

Any ideas?

RoadRage.

2. Catfish

It should go down in the fenderwell. It requires a shorter K&N filter. I will measure my filter today or possible pull a part number and get a picture.

3. RoadRage

Thanks Catfish,
    The kit came with a huge K&N filter that just will not fit inside the fender if it's attached to the new MAF.

I though about putting in another filter, but i am not sure what it will do to the engines "breathing" ability and i am not sure if it will also clear the fender.

Are you also using an aftermarket Pro-M MAF with the kit?

RoadRage.

4. Catfish

Yeah, an 80 mm Pro M. I have a cone style filter, 8" long. It just fits. Sorry, no picture.