1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

what upper/lowers to use

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by boost, Mar 13, 2003.

1. boost

I was hoping to get some feedback regarding upper/lower control arms/lift bars on a fox body...what is everybody using?
    Shawn

2. PEARL MUSSIN

I'm using stock uppers, and south side lift bars. The best 60' i've cut is a 1.60....

Jeremy

3. Snipe656

I'd use anything that does not have a solid bushing in it. I used to run Police uppers and Southside lowers. Later on I kept the same uppers and had some Griggs tubular lowers that were non adjustible, now I have no uppers or lowers, ladder bars baby.

4. turbomut

I use the megabite jr lower with stock uppers for now. the megabites have to settings of 80% and 110%. I went with the 80%.

5. Clem Eastwood

6. Fast SN-95

I run all Wolfe rear suspension.

7. Clem Eastwood

:bling:

8. PEARL MUSSIN

We need to find me a smiley of a poor-ass so I can put it after my posts....:taunt:

Jeremy

9. boost

Are the southside lift bars the same as the lakewoods in terms of performance? Also, do lift bars give substantially better 60' times?
    Shawn

10. bsharer

I ran Southside uppers and HP Megabite Jr's and it worked ok. Best of 1.49 '60.

Now Ive got UPR double adjustable uppers, adjustable lowers, and their anti-roll bar. Best of 1.46 '60... and the car leaves much smoother and straighter. I attribute that to the anti-roll bar. Best suspension mod Ive done. BUT, the adjustable uppers/lowers helped me move the tires around in the wheel well... and they are lighter. On a good track the car goes 1.4X every pass. Anti-roll bar is a little noisy on the street though.

11. First5.0

i just got a set of X2CMotorsports upper and lowers. once i get them on i'll comment on them.

12. Rods

TRZ here , had mega Jrs and those r real nice

13. Clem Eastwood

a buddies car had southside uppers and lowers w/ a wolfe anti rollbar and went consistent 1.41-1.42 60s.