1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What turbo size for small v twin?

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by MakingDirtFly, Apr 15, 2024.

1. MakingDirtFly

I'm looking to turbo my 2019 can am renegade 570. Right now it makes around 50hp and I'm hoping to get it to 80-85hp. I just don't really know what turbo to use. It revs to 8000 right now but I will make it 8500 (not sure if that's important). I run on pump gas and I'm not sure how much boost I would need to run either. I'm kind of stuck between a garrett club line 34mm and the gt1544. I think one of those would work. I don't think I'd be able to squeeze in an intercooler on it. I also don't know if it's normal to have to cut down my exhaust size to feed the turbo. The inlet is, if I remember smaller than 45mm which is the id of the exhaust pipe right now.