1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What turbo do I need on a single diy build

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by v8etr, Sep 3, 2007.

1. v8etr

I have an 89 lx with few bolt-ons I am about to start on a single turbo build, what turbo would work good on this 450hp?? I have a limited budget so expensive turbos are out of the question for now ( maybe later I will be able to get one) I have been looking on the board and I would like to get something from the jy.
    Thanks

2. turbofreek

the search function is your friend and you need to go to the newby section to figure it all out.

3. MIspeedLab

research reseach research. Look for a holset hx40 they decent JY turbos, very similar to the hp performance stage 1, or a mp t70 would give you a little more room to grow later down the road