1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Steel braided to factory line adapter (Pictures inside)

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by Fordpny, May 18, 2006.

1. Fordpny

I am trying to do is keep my stock fuel pump and fuel rail while changing the body lines and the plastic lines on the car to a steel braided. Does anyone sell any sort of adapter to connect the factory fuel pump and fuel rail to a steel braided line?

Ive been doing a search and maybe im not wording it right but I didnt get any relevant hits.

2. SlowJoe

Re: Steel braided to factory line adapter?

i'm doing this currently now, only problem is there is a yes and no to your question. first of all you can buy a adapter that goes from compresseion to an with is sold here http://www.ronmorrisperformance.com/04fuel/fittings.htm
    they have many fittings, althought they said there not gonne sell them anymore. you can put those on the most furthest part of the stock hard lines. other then that you can try to use them on the stock hardlines coming out of the tank but you will eliminate the stock filter, would be good if you use a an filter though. anymore questions let me know.

3. Fordpny

Thanks for the help, umm its probably just me but I didnt find anything on that website related to fuel lines.

What I was hoping to do was get rid of the stock hardlines all together.

What I did find where these
    http://www.shopatron.com/index/415.0.11710.0.0.0.0
    (look at 2 3 4)

There going to give me a call back to confirm it will work for what i want to do.

4. SlowJoe

5. Fordpny

thank you thats exactly what i was looking for!! :2thumbs:
    That basically solves the front of the car.

What are you doing for the rear of the car? are you going to keep the intank pump? I dont see a adapter that would let me run a steel braided line into the factory pump (id run a aftermakert filter) Unless I completly missed the part or your advice. (long week)

6. SlowJoe

i'm just gonna run braided line from the farthest part back of the stock hard lines and use the compression adapter.

7. dman

or you can do what I did: have somebody weld a -8 steel male bung onto the outlet of the stock fuel pump assembly. Then you can screw your AN lines right to it. Worked good for me and allows you to easily add in a billet filter or an inline pump in the need arises

8. SlowJoe

any way of you carring those fitting up top? i called you once about those and you didn't have them. Your idea is a good one but i don't have to many welders were i live to be able to do that. other then that you can just buy the intank pickup that has an fittings on it.

9. Fordpny

Thats a great idea!
    Quick Question do you just run a aftermarket filter? Im just trrying to picture your setup in my head. Also and this is wishfull thinking do you buy any chance have a picture of the fuel pump assembly and the fitting?

I really appreciate everyones help my car is just begging to be sold with all this bullshit it pulling. :bang:

10. Fordpny

Here is a shitty picture of dmans idea. Thanks again for the help guys.

And here was the clue that I might be having some "fuel" issues. :bang: :bang: