1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What trans dipstick and crossmember are you using for a TH400 swap in Fox Body?

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by notch, May 25, 2006.

1. notch

I am switching to a TH400 in m y turbo notch and am wondering what trans dipstick and crossmember you have used? Also is there anyone who makes a driveshaft for the swap or do I have to make one? Thanks! Sam

2. foxstanggt

I'm not up to par with the chevy stuff but how similar are the th350 and 400 trans? I know some semi local guys that have run th350's with very good success in their foxes.

3. 7SEC_SN95

As for the crossmember, yours should not be too much different than my SN-95. I used the stock crossmember and just made a new spacer with a offset on it. I can take a couple picts if you want.... I have not tried my tube yet..

4. Robert1320

Lokar sells these. Get one and mount it anywhere you want.

5. Bellman Jeff

That's what I used on my Turbo400 installation.. And just like xjhead said, I used my stock crossmember..

My car is an 87 fox.. And where the 4 tabs that are used to mount the crossmember.. I cut the front 2 off..And now use the remaining 2 rear taps, as my new 2 front tabs.. I then fabricated up 2 new rear tabs..And cut the spot welds on the crossmember mount and slide it all the way rearward..

As you go along, you'll see what you have to do..

6. notch

Thank you, Ill get that dipstick, and the crossmember sounds easier than I thought!!