1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

LT1 turbo kit newbie help?

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by boostgagga, Jan 11, 2015.

1. boostgagga

I feel pretty comfortable working under the hood problem is I am new to turbos. So I think I will cut my teeth on this buying a kit. Who makes a decent LT1 kit that won't me a ton? Its a 97 Camaro if that matters. I want maybe 450-550 hp if that's doable with this block.

2. brettmc

lt1boost.net might still be around. other than that, a google search might turn up something.

3. M&M Turbochargers

4. leeperryracing

Lt1 is just a gen1 sbc with fuel injection, lots of budget sbc turbo kits out there (ebay) that'll give you a good start. You may have to tweak little things but nothing major.