1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

what ebay gt45 or other turbo

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by ben h, Jan 14, 2015.

1. ben h

planning on buying my turbo next week iv read some sellers have different versions of this turbo this is the one i am planning on buying unless any of u guys recomend it from a different seller
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/400646911129?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
    or if u recomend a different turbo in that price range will be going on a 6.0 iron block lq4 ( trading my ls1 for one next week)
    317 heads are on it
    plan to put in a lil john stage 2 turbo cam and my goal is 700ish whp through a t56 and 240sx rear diff

2. TA153

If that's your price range I'd look for twins with about 55-60 mm size compressors. Can get a pair for about 300

3. ben h

Dont really want twins and dont really have room for them ether

4. Mnlx

For 700 whp you'll want a larger compressor imo. I would look for something in the 75mm range. They make the gt45 (like the one in your link) with a 76mm compressor, but its more money, and not much cheaper than a s475. If you're stuck with the 69mm budget wise, it should get you close to your goal, but you'll be asking a lot of the China 69mm compressor...

5. ben h

Ok and 700 is the top of my goal more then I need but I guess I'll look for a lil bigger compressor just seen a few make that power with this turbo but anything over 6 I should be happy with its just a street car

6. Mnlx

It will support more hp than that, but at higher boost levels than you will probably need with a 6.0, and a decent cam. There also is a good chance it would make your goal hp, but it would be very near, or off the compressor map, and not nearly as efficient as a better suited compressor. The other thing is I don't think there is a map out there for the China turbo, so i've been looking at a generic 70mm map. If you're happy with 600, and on a budget, its really tough to beat the gt45.

7. M&M Turbochargers

we could get you a s475 for about 650.00

8. ben h

Yea ill just see what I can make for power with it just seen allot of guys running em up to 20 psi so I didnt figure that was out of its efficiency range

9. Mnlx

Its not so much what boost it will make, but where it ends up on the map. As you get to the far right side of the map, efficiency can drop quite rapidly.... this is why guys say you can make more hp with less boost with a bigger turbo.... air quality is much better (cooler/denser) when efficiency is up. Keep an eye on your iat's, they're a very good indicator of how efficient your setup is.

10. ben h

alright will do and im not sure on how efficenty maps work