1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

what the heck size flange is this?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by tireburner163, Aug 15, 2009.

1. tireburner163

I've got my new On3Performance turbo kit in. I upgraded to the 76mm turbo with a q-trim turbine side.

I was mocking everything up today and found that the turbo does not match up the flange on my header.

I measured it and the flange on the header is a T4 flange like it is supposed to be, it's the turbo that is funky. It's too big to be a T4 flange and too small to be a T6 flange. The bolt holes line up, up and down on the T4 flange, but the bolt spacing is about 1/4 to 3/8" too wide to bolt to the header.

I can't find any information about this turbo on masterpower's website. The part # on the box is 810049100 and it says it is a MPS04E/T-series turbo.

Here are some pictures to show the differences.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Here is the flange on the turbo as measured from outside to outside on the bolt holes.
    [​IMG]#ad

And here is that same measurement compared against the bolt pattern on the header. As you can see, it doesn't even fit on the flange.
    [​IMG]#ad

2. turbocuda

Appears to be the same pattern as my masterpower gt42....uses a TA-51 pattern....is the exhaust discharge a 6 bolt pattern?..just use a die-grinder and slot the holes on the turbo.

3. tireburner163

It's a 4 bolt discharge.

4. tireburner163

it looks like it uses the same size flange as a Garrett GT40 turbo. I'm not sure if that is the TA-51 pattern or not.

The one on the Garrett matches my houseing. It's 3.5" by 2.75"

Anybody know where I can get a flange in that size?

5. 10secgoal

Chinas' international dialing code is +86

6. brianj5600

7. furchaser

This content is protected
    Just ask Chad why it doesn't line up , after all he designed the kit.

8. blown385

Return the kit for refund . If he doesn't take it back , dispute the charge .

9. On3performance

People like you are the ones that trying to do honest business miserable. Things like that dont happen because I take care of people if they have an issue. I have never even been contacted about this issue to this point

Give me a call, area code 614

10. On3performance

also measure horizontally and vertically completely to the outside of the holes and inside so I can find out the exact hole spacing on that turbo. Like I said I have never stocked the q trim or used one, only the p trim 76s as those are direct bolt on for our downpipe.

11. gotageta5oh

lol

12. huffer

I did actually LOL at this... :2thumbs:

13. On3performance

what a joke, dont really know why I would even post to try to help. You give me shit about not helping and give me shit when im trying to take care of something.

Josh email me direct instead of on here, cant get too much done with all these people acting like children around here. Ill go over details with you there, take those measurements and email that over. Ill get ahold of manny after hearing from you at mp to see what we have going on with the q trim

14. huffer

fix-ed
    :eek:

15. blown385

Are you saying you will give him his money back if hes not satisfied ?

I'll bet thats not the only part that he has problems with either .................................. but we'll see .

Oh , but since he worked on it himself already , he has voided his warranty . Am I right ?

16. stangman9897

17. RonF

can someone just grab a mic and a T70 and take the same picture ? If it was ON3's first time selling the 76mm and he makes it right for the customer Id have no problem with it as long as it was handled very quickly with no out of pocket expense to me.

18. PrecisionTurboMustang

Nice to know mp is actually making a Q trim t76. Chad, did you ship the turbo with the kit?

19. On3performance

The customer starting this thread was aware. I told him I had never stocked the q trim becuase I knew the downpipe wasnt going to just bolt on. Little did I know the flange on the exhaust housing bolt pattern was odd. I use and stock the p trim 76 at all times, its a direct bolt on. Im just waiting on measurements to compare to the 76mm I have here

Everything but the turbo itself shipped from me, mp drop shipped the q trim since I dont stock them. I only have p trims on the shelf. I have never phyically inventoried the q trim becuase it requires people to modify the downpipe. Josh said that was fine before I shipped to him but mp told me it was a standard t4 flange but that doesnt sound right from this.

20. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

Honestly as much as I'd love to bash Chad I have to honestly say, mistakes happen and masterpower is known to change shit up mid run, I'm sure he'll handle it right so guys, I'd give him some slack on this one. mistakes happen.
    :)