1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What sized wastegate?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by blowpastyou, Apr 14, 2009.

1. blowpastyou

Ive got a 338 sbf, 88mm t6 turbo, a/w intercooler. Im leaning towards a tial 60mm, is this too big, or could I go with something a little smaller? I'll be running around 25psi. Thanks, Eddie.

2. papis408w

depending how low a boost pressure you want to run you could use a smaller gate but if you use a 60mm you'll never buy another one again and run extremely low boost if desired. It's like a fuel system......bigger is better

3. TeeJay

+1 on the 60mm... x02 has decent wastegates at a much cheaper price than the Tial stuff...

4. silver82GT

Another option is to run 2 smaller wastegates. That way if one sticks for some reason the other one may save your engine. That is what I did, 2-38mm gates instead of 1-46mm. It was Brian@B&G TURBO's recommendation when he built my kit.

My $.02

Kent