1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

what size injectors to run

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Mikey B, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Mikey B

i wanting to go to the limits of a stock short block .i have a t-76 turbo and all the goodies .only thing what injectors to use.i still have the stock computer.the motor is a longrod 302 with twisted wedge heads,probe pistons,stock cam ,the intake is a victor jr.efi.70 m.m. throttle body and a 77 mm mass air meter.oh yeah will my 255 in take pump be enough. thanks for any help.

2. xr8tt

42's will be enough....

3. quarterstang86

Why not buy larger injectors that would support your 76 better in the future. Obviously your going out for the kill, I wouldn't give a second thought to running 55 or 60 lbrs, they would be there for you later.

4. Snipe656

Because if going out for the kill later with a real block you will max out 50-60s and want 83s with a different ECU ;)

5. Mikey B

thanks guys for the help but can i run 50 or even 60 lbs with stock computer and what are the pros and cons? thanks alot for all of the knowledge . :2thumbs:

6. spankustang

Holley 50# will work fine!!
    A 255 WON"T be enough, nor the stock lines or rails!

7. Snipe656

Why? Barry D did it and I believe with 42s, stock lines, rails and I think no more by a 255 intank but not 100% on the fuel pump. I know a lot of other guys who have done the same. Now if a real block was in there I'd say it definately needs more injector and probably another pump.

60s is the biggest you can go and still be with the stock computer unless going with a modified injector.

8. JUNKER

72's are the largest unmodified high impedence injectors. rc engineering.

9. Snipe656

Interesting, always thought the 72s were modified ones, lerned something knew every day

10. turbo crazy

yep i think i remeber it... somewhere around 670rwhp on the stock line rails and 42's
    search you should fine it