1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What should my MPH be with the power it's laying down?

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by Blownbird68, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Blownbird68

The motor put down 650RWHP @ 5800RPM 729RWTQ @ 3300RPM
    I'm not worried about ET right now.. This thing should be trapping 114MPH in the 1/8 ?
    Time Slip...
    74Slip.jpg #ad

Engine.........................357Ci Forged
    Blower......................... F1 Procharger
    Boost.......................... 22 psi
    Bypass Valve'¦'¦'¦'¦'¦'¦ Enclosed bypass valve
    Heads......................... 200cc Canfield Aluminum heads
    Cam...................Solid roller 240-250 duration 580-600 lift 112 lsa
    Compression'¦'¦'¦'¦'¦'¦.7.9.1
    Intake......................... Victor Jr intake
    Carburetor................. "TheCarbShop" 950cfm Blown Thru
    Jetting.........................Front 72 Rear 88
    Meth Injection '¦'¦'¦'¦'¦Snow Kit
    Bonnet........................Extreme Velocity
    fuel Pump...................A1000 pump (100micron filter)
    Fuel Lines'¦'¦'¦'¦'¦'¦'¦..(8an Feed)(10an Return)(8an Vent)
    Regulator.................... 13301 bypass regulator
    Total Timing.................36* locked out
    Spark Plugs'¦'¦'¦'¦'¦'¦..NGK-8 gapped @ 26
    Transmission............... TH350
    Tires...........................28X10.5 Hoosier drag radials
    Converter....................Yank 3400
    Rear Gear....................3.42s
    Fuel Type.....................93 Octane
    Car weight...................About 3500lbs

74Slip.jpg #ad

2. Disney Lincoln

You're running 36* timing? Is it not melting pistons yet?

I agree that with that much power it should be trapping better.

3. tbird

Should go low 10s high 9s in the 1/4
    I would say 120ish to the 1/8

Guessing its supper dupper lean or the converter cant handle it.

4. strkdblwncapri

something is wrong there! I made close to that kind of power and trapped 113-114 1/8th..... my car is a little bit lighter though

5. Blownbird68

Low Compression, 93 Octane with meth injection.

Was on the leaner side, high 12s A/F. I need to get the fuel pressure hooked up to the LM2. The car was my brothers and he passed away, it's seating in my old mans garage. We're not on talking terms right now so I cant mess with it till we hash things out.

6. PrecisionTurboMustang

36 degrees with no timing retard? And high 12 afrs? Probably already has melted pistons....

7. Blownbird68

lol car doesn't have melted pistons, it's got meth injection. Pretty good dyno numbers for melted pistons haha

8. H.P.Ranch

With a cam that big i would have thought your peak hp and tq numbers would have been higher in the rpm band. Does it feel like it keeps pulling hard all the way thru or does it nose over and at what rpm thru traps.

9. Blownbird68

10. H.P.Ranch

Does it seem like its screeming and your not going anywhere?

11. Blownbird68

No the car feels nasty, it's having a little problem bogging at full throttle. I'm going to try a brown cam, bigger squirter and 50cc accelerator pump to fix that problem. You can hear it bog on the dyno [video]http://s22.photobucket.com/user/Slowmanc5/media/MariosDyno729tq_0001.mp4.html[/video]

It should of still trapped a lot better than 99MPH. I guess I just got to get the car back out on the track.

12. H.P.Ranch

What does wb show when bogging?

13. Blownbird68

Lean when it bogs .

14. H.P.Ranch

Are you running a cogged belt if not it could be slipping. Also are you having any trouble keeping the dipstick in?

15. Blownbird68

I have the LM2 logging boost. This was from a dyno pull
    DynoPull3.jpg #ad

I can't remember if I recorded the pass at the track. I'm pretty sure I did and boost didn't fall off at all. And no dipstick is staying in. Anyways is it normal to see a lot of fuel pressure just foot breaking it bringing it up on the converter? My base is 8psi at idle when I start to bring it up in the rpms foot breaking it goes up to 14psi. I know the hat see some boost before 0 vacuum causing the FP to go up but this much ?

DynoPull3.jpg #ad

16. Disney Lincoln

Is your base FP set at idle with the vacuum line removed?

17. Blownbird68

No it's set with the car running and connected

18. Rickracer

Running and connected is going to result in lower fuel pressure at boost than setting base pressure with vacuum removed.

19. Blownbird68

I'll have to recheck, I may have set it with the car off with just the fuel pump running 6psi and when the car is running it goes up to 8psi due to boost in the hat. My question is should I be seeing 14psi of FP foot braking it bringing it up on the converter ? Wouldn't that mean there's 8# of boost in the hat before getting passed 0 vacuum?

20. yellowpony

I highly doubt you are going to see boost on the footbrake with a centrifugal blower. In all honesty, that car should be making more power than that at 22psi through an F1. I would do a leakdown and check things over, just because you have meth injection isn't going to stop you from melting anything. Meth injection or not, high 12's A/F is asking for trouble, pull all the plugs and inspect them and also do a leak down/compression test.

Anthony