1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What rear gear?

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by mach1turbo, Dec 23, 2015.

1. mach1turbo

I'm looking to replace my 8" rear end with a 99-04 mustang rear end. My current rear end is 61.25" and from what I've read the 99-04 mustang rear is 62.5". I want to be able to run modern wheels in the future and with the extra width I should be able to run them without spacers. I know that the gt rear end came with 3.27 gears but wanted to run taller gears until I get everything for turbo. Would a 3.55 gear be to tall for a gt40p motor, 70 mm .68 ar turbo, with AOD transmission?

2. M&M Turbochargers

id see how id does with the 3.27 gear