1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Just ran my first 5k

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by half-fast, May 13, 2012.

1. half-fast

:doh: havent run in 7 years since high school and i got a 28:30- had milfs and little kids passing me but i feel i did pretty good for eating fast food everyday and not exercising in years

anyone else runners? any good work outs for distance running?

i was a sprinter and hurdler in high school so this is new to me and it was kinda fun esp with all the hot bitches everywhere haha

2. PrecisionTurboMustang

Hell I let the milfs get in front of me too!

3. half-fast

best advice i got was from an old guy- find a nice ass and follow it lol

4. half-fast

oh and this was a race of 700 people 75% were females- the odds were with us haha

5. PrecisionTurboMustang

You ever done one of those mud runs? That would be fun to do with a bunch of milfs

6. half-fast

not yet maybe that will be the next adventure- mountain dew just had a mud on the mountain recently or this weekend not sure

7. racesloth

Just finished the 5-mile (18 Mud Obstacles) 2012 Marine Corps Mud Challenge at Fort Gordon, GA - it was loads of fun. Loads of MILFs and HS Cheers squads...

8. half-fast

No doubt id have to say that was the best place to pick up a chick lol and you know there not going to get fat if they like running its a win win

9. Anthony Fury

That's really shallow.

J/K I like the way you think, brother. :cheers:

10. PrecisionTurboMustang

I wish that was the case lmao

11. half-fast

hey your married with children you've got no reason to be looking at chicks hahaha

12. tbird

28:30 aint bad at all for 7 years with no running. It helps a bunch that you built a foundation in school.
    I didnt start running until I was 29. I am now 36.

I just ran a 25k this past Saturday. Had a chick roll by with just a bra and some short shorts that looked like they where her pajamas. Pretty sure she had D tits. Then I follow her for a couple miles. AH what a view from the rear.

My best experience has been the SMART COACH at runnersworld.com
    You put in your current race time and distance, what distance you want to train for, how long you want to train for , and intensity level for training. It works well. It will slowly ramp up in mileage while giving you easy runs, speed workouts, and long runs each week. Every fourth week is a recovery week with all low mileage easy runs.

13. half-fast

sweet thanks man- ya it was a little chilly so no sports bras and **** huggers more of the yoga pants and loose shirts...bitches hhah

ya i was doing the math and my highschool track is right down the road so i was thinking of doing 400m intervals and getting my times down in the 1:15 range and work my way up on how many i can do in a row

14. tbird

Just remember you need mileage to build endurance. Even if its at a slow pace.

15. BlownShovel

Lots of tools out there. Nike+ apple and android apps. Mileage and knowing your body is key.

That said i am not a runner. Ran cc last yr of high school just to hang out with friend and stay in shape for fb bb . Fast forward 25 yrs and i ran warrior dash with my wife last summer. A good time my friend. Take a look around active.com there is pretty much a race every week or two for you to participate in. After warrior dash my wife decided a great motivator is signing up for races. It forces you to get out of bed and run. We have 3 young kids and most days are hectic. If we don't get exercise in by 7am it pretty much doesn't happen.

Your 28 is a great time. Just keep at it. As for fun runs in the mud there are a couple in ne ohio...a bit of a drive from Erie but check warrior dash carrollton, and farmathlon hartville. Farmathlon is at a winery and has 1mile 5k and farmathlon. We'll probably be at that one.

16. tbird

Signing up for race is definetly a good motivator for me. Im taking this week off and then starting on training for the next race.

17. half-fast

well after having mcdonalds for breakfast a whopper for lunch and eating left over chinese while typing lol ive got alot to change but actually feel motivated for once - problem is i still cant walk right since the race sunday haha so dam sore its pathetic walking down stairs i look like i have a brain disorder and have no control over my body lol

my sister and sister in law are doing a half marathon in cleveland this weekend and asked me to try- no way in hell i would attempt in this condition

but that farmathalon sounds sweet ill have to look into it more

18. half-fast

19. half-fast

fuckkkkkkk just found out my sister signed me up for a run this sat morning- run two miles eat six pepperoni balls then run two more miles- guess whose fucked this kid- and got drunk last weekend and got my foot run over by my own car haha hate me sometimes

http://www.jognhog.com/events/erie/

20. half-fast

&feature=relmfu[/url]

bridal-shoal