1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Best free ECU Tuning software

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by kydoime, May 28, 2015.

1. kydoime

This would be for 2002 corolla s and I'll proabby just buy a USB to ECU connector of ebay for $10. Also is there any really good tuning software that you have to pay for?

2. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Those $10 connectors are pretty limited, slow and probably is not what you're looking for. They are good for low baud rate minor data logging for things like the Android Torque app. I don't know about now if the lock on those ECUs has been broken, but if has then probably OpenECU supports tuning it.

3. Matt Cramer

I am not aware of any tuning software that supports this car. Most of the options I've seen either support domestics, or just Subaru and Mitsibushis. TunerPro seems to be the most flexible free tuning software, but it does not appear that anyone has successfully used it on a Toyota. Standalone or piggyback controls are more proven options.