1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

what fuel pump do you run with e85 and 1000+hp?

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by tt97cobra, Jul 24, 2013.

1. tt97cobra

I have a magna fuel 4303 pump on the car right now but not sure how far it will go does anyone have any experiance with this pump on e85 or do i need to go to the 4103?? lets hear your experiances, looking for some facts on your modular setups.

2. 1hcam

Thanks for asking. Been looking this up and finding mixed reviews on your existing pump.

3. NOSLO86

I use a belt driven pump. It doesn't tax my alternator and gives me as much fuel as I need.
    Plus I dont have to worry about burning up large pumps on the street.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

4. stangman9897

^^^ looking for some facts on your modular setups. Awesome & clean setup !

5. tt97cobra

no belt pumps sry, trying to keep this electric pump info only thanks anyway.
    unless there is a bolt on deal with no fabrication needed.

6. NOSLO86

You will have to do some fabricating with an electric pump.
    1000hp and E-85 = a massive electric pump. Good luck with your build.

7. 355sleeper

I use a dominator pump, part number 12-1800, enough pump for like 1200 flywheel hp on e85. Plus the second pump only comes on under boost so no need to worry about heating the fuel on the street.

8. 1hcam

How much power are you making? You running e85?

9. fastdiesel

The carb setup you got going on is real nice:thumbsup:.Makes me wana stick to my original plan.how is it on the street do you always have to tune it depending on the weather.

10. NOSLO86

Fastdiesel --- I have had good luck with this set up. I only use it for cruise nights and as a weekend warrior.
    I havent touched the carb this year. The only time I worry about the tune is at the track.

[​IMG]#ad

11. fastdiesel

Same here ill only drive it at night or winter time.I would have tune it in the winter correct.

12. NOSLO86

I don't know about E-85 and winter ??????????

13. yellowpony

Getting a car with a healthy engine to start on e85 in cool weather takes some finesse. It is not easy to start, that is why in the winter it can drop to e70 because you need the extra 15% gas to get it to fire off. Anything under 50* on my car is a nightmare, but we really haven't worked on the tuning in that weather as the car doesn't get driven that often in sub 50* weather.

As for the pump, I use a Weldon 2345a on mine.

Anthony

14. fastdiesel

I guess ill stick to efi cause i wana drive it in the winter.

15. yellowpony

Sorry Didnt even notice you guys were carbed! I am efi on mine.

16. ashford

take just about any given pump take its rating for hp on gas and divide it in half. that is about what it will support on e85 boosted.

17. 355sleeper

Id imagine im close to maxing the pump out. I made just shy of 900rwhp

18. yellowpony

The 4303 seems to be a little bit of a mystery how much it can handle. I ran a 4303 pump for a few years on e85. Mine gave up around the 8.70 et range at around 800rwhp on a 347.

19. tt97cobra

Good info thanks!

20. tt97cobra

What fabrication is needed with an electric pump? I would like to run a belt pump but i wouldnt know where to begin, just seems much easier to pull out my electric pump i have now and put in a bigger electric pump. with a belt drive what happens if you loose the belt?