1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Quick swap for remote mount 4v set up need help!

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by yoteehunter, Aug 16, 2007.

1. yoteehunter

:bang:I just dont know what is best. For now Im switching to a 4v. My car is currently running a home built twin turbo remote mount set up. I have Mac Long tube headers feeding the turbos. The car makes damn good power but I was just wondering if switching to 4v if I should use long tubes again or use shortys????????? Obviously the goal for the 4v is to make more power and while doing so make an attempt to spool a bit faster trying to make high boost levels a reality. I think just going to 4v will help out tremendously but everything counts. So do I go with long tubes again? or are shorty headers bettter.....keep in mind its a remote mount set up. I feel like the long tubes helped me make the power on my 2v non pi.
    I am keeping the remote set-up for sure no questions asked.
    What would you do....?????????????????????????

2. MustangMitch

Why not use longtubes on the 4v? If anything they should help. Shorties arent even worth the money to buy.

3. yoteehunter

What about boring the teksid aluminium block? If I want to go .020 over do I have to resleeve the block? Also is clearancing for a stroker kit a big deal?

4. yoteehunter

Also I am currently running T3/T4 Turbos. Would the T70 be more effective in a twin set up as far as helping to get to higher boost faster. Or do the T4/T4's I have be ok I feel like my current turbos may be a tab big for what I have now. I know I am full of questions but I am just trying to reach my goals.... sorry. lol

5. ShaneH

No, you can go .020 over without resleeving the block.

6. MustangMitch

You do not have to resleeve people bore them out all the time. Now I hear that going with a Big Bore it is more effective on these motors as they already have alot of stroke.