1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

what cam for a turbo and a sbc 400

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by mog-10, Nov 19, 2010.

1. mog-10

what is a good hydraulic flat tappet cam for a street turbocharged mpfi sbc 400 id like it to work from idle to 6000 rpm and im using Edelbrock Performer heads
    i have looked on summit and all their cams say they will not work with computer controlled motors wtf

can any one point me in the right direction thanks

2. nos10racer

3. mog-10

4. cat herder

The 'computer compatible' cams thing is a marketing gimmick. Especially so if you aren't using a factory stock tune.

5. Razor2

Bullet cam.

6. RacerRick

I am using an older crane grind that I had - 228@50 112LSA 5 degrees advance ground in, and about .480" lift in an iron eagle headed 400 with MPFI going on it shortly. We got it broken in on a carb just to make sure it would start and not wipe the cam.