1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What boost controller (elect or manual)?????

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Kerry, May 19, 2004.

1. Kerry

Do any of you have experience (good or bad) with certain model boost controllers? I want to buy me one, just not sure who makes the best for the money.

Or is a manual boost controller an option? Is the electric boost controller really that much of a benifit or is it just more shit to go wrong?

Thanks Kerry

2. Trentk

I couldn't be happier with the electric boost control feature I use (it is part of the AEM) It works much better for me than the old manual dial a prayer controllers.
    I don't have any experience with any other EBC's.

3. Kerry

Thanks Trentk, I should have mine fired up soon. Damn you got me pumped up at the shootout ...seeing your car go 10's and idle and run like a stock 14's stang....that's the shit:rockon:

Later

4. Buick Grand Nation

Use BoostCommand (from Ramchargers). Cheapest/most effective electric boost controller.

5. Kerry

do you have a site or reference? Not to worried about all the fancy chit, just want to be able to turn boost up and down from in the car.

6. TwinTurboTA

i've got a Profec B, Spec I on mine. Easy to use and gets the job done. I don't need any more flickering lights in my car. lol

7. fast4d

I'm using the profec B. simple to use and it works very well. just 1 button to push to change between your high and low boost setting.

8. JZ 97 SS 1500

Like Trent said the EBC works great. I use the EBC in my AEM as well, very nice.

Jose

9. Buick Grand Nation

10. Kerry

I called but the guy at Ram said it was Grand National specific. He said it couldn't be used on my setup???? any idea why? The Grand nationals don't have electronic wastegates do they?

Kerry

11. BuickGrandNational

You a wastgate solenoid from a 86-87 GN/TR. They are pretty easy to come by. Try WWW.Turbobuick.com. (for sale section).

12. Buick Grand Nation

13. Kerry

14. Buick Grand Nation

15. BlackStripes

i am going to Sema in Atlantic City this sunday, i will take a look to e-boost. Seems pretty nice stuff.

16. Kerry

Good , keep us updated.

17. 1994snake

I went with the E-Boost from Turbosmart. You can contact Chris95svt I think he sells them. He went with it as well. Very Nice piece I am hooking mine up this weekend if all goes well I will post how it goes. Chris used to have an EVC from HKS and switched to the E-Boost so I think it is worth it.

18. Buick Grand Nation

E-boost=$450?!?!?! For a electronic boost controller?!?!:rolleyes:

WOW!

19. powerls

the Turbosmart E-Boost is one of the most advanced boost controller out there. For gentleman who has something against "asian crap," this piece is made in Australia. If that even make a difference you, I dunno. Anyway, the E-boost is has 3 stages of boost controll, and for each of those settings, you can select when the w/g will start to receive boost. This will give you a much better mid-range and it will cause your turbo to spool faster. And, you can use this to fine tune out all spiking.
    Plus the E-boost is a digital boost/vac gauge, displays in bar, psi and KPa. That also has peak hold, and alarm. A overboost shutdown. And you can change everything on the fly. You can also adjust sensitivity, to adapt to your car. And it also has a aux that you can hook up to nitrous, water injection, anything...
    And all those features can done with using just 3 buttons. That is the best part. It is so easy to use. And the unit does not use fuzzy logic.

If I were making as much power as some of you guys, I definatly would not use a that Ram thing. It is the 21 century. Oh and the E-boost works just fine with twin turbo set ups

20. FOMOGO

I have had NO issues with the Turbo XS manual boost controller.
    I will be using their dual stage this time around.

Jim