1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What are you guys thoughts on Coil on Plug set ups?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Joeyman, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Joeyman

The business that I have been buying from has suggested this set up

8 Holley Coils, 36-1 crank trigger, sensor, cam sync

Build is
    SBF 363 Borg S475 EFI set up using Holley HP ECU. Trick Flow R Box Upper 90mm intake with 85mm accufab Throttle Body. Custom Bullet cam

2. tbird

I dont know the parts needed but holley coils with holley ECU works very well.
    Way better than any of the big name ignition boxes when it comes to spark power.

3. blown385

smart coils are probably way over kill on that set up .

4. dj94gt

The IGN1A/Holley Coils are overkill for that HP level. Bullet Proof ignition, but it is overkill. I would save $300, use the LS7/D514A Delco Take offs. That $300 will buy you an explorer cam sync, and part of that crank trigger kit.