1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What are realistic gains from s475 cast wheel vs s475 billet wheel?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by TURBOT, Jan 23, 2015.

1. TURBOT

Has anyone upgraded their cast s475 with a drop in billet wheel? What are the realistic gains?

2. M&M Turbochargers

do a little searching there is a pretty good thread about the differences

3. TURBOT

Man I have looked and looked and looked.. I cant find anyone that has upgraded to a billet wheel on a S475. I have seen the wheels for sale. Seems like before anyone does one they sell it and buy an S480. But seeing how well the new S476 is doing I cant help but wonder how well a S475 would do with a billet wheel and race cover.

4. M&M Turbochargers

5. TURBOT

6. Jeremy

I do not have any experience with their wheels. I do know precision and Comp's billet wheels are a huge improvement in low to mid range power/torque and spool.

7. 20psiofevil

Same question here except with the s366. What design are you looking at? gtx 11 blade style or 7/14 with splitters?

8. Forcefed86

The gains arent' going to be night/day... Slightly improved response and more peak flow uptop. Which you won't see unless you are maxing out the turbo. I'm aware of a at least 2 common billet 75mm replacement compressors for the S475. Theres a 6 blade "high flow" that targets more overall flow up top. And an 11 blade that targets midrange.

9. TURBOT

Is that because the cast BW wheel is that good?

I see where people with other brand turbos gain alot of midrange power going from Cast to Billet. Quicker spooling etc!

10. Turbo Drag Radial

The gains will be big.

tip to tip of inducer isn't really showing the real picture. Its already been determined that cast and billet from a material prespecitve is not a gain. Infact Billet is heavier than cast.

The biggest influence are two things:
    1.) a much narrower shaft & nut
    2.) Width - the wheel itself is much wider.

See pics below.

billet vs. cast pic 2.jpg #ad

billet vs. cast pic 3.jpg #ad

billet vs. cast pic 2.jpg #ad

billet vs. cast pic 3.jpg #ad