1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What am I doing wrong?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by bgjohnson, Mar 14, 2013.

1. bgjohnson

Just FYI, I'm not trying to sell stuff in this thread, I just need opinions.

https://www.theturboforums.com/threads/367522-1986-Mustang-SVO-25k-miles-2nd-owner

I've only been trying to sell this for a few days now. But I hit it super hard. I have it on 6 different locations for craigslist's and at least 5 mustang sites and one SVO specialty site. Is there anything that pops out to you guys I'm doing wrong? I know I should give it a few weeks before I expect any result. But I have had ZERO interest, not even low balls or emails asking anything about it. Any other places you guys use for a niche vehicle to sell?

2. Disney Lincoln

I looked at it and was interested. Until I saw the asking price.

IMO you'll have to sell that on ebay to get top dollar out of it.

3. half-fast

4. bgjohnson

What price do you think is more fair. Appraisal says $10k , 8900 is my starting point. Im just worried if I start lower, that it will get low balled like crazy. Ill give it a week and adjust the price closer to what I want to get for it.

5. Disney Lincoln

List it on Ebay. List with Best Offer option. That will give you an idea of the market value.

- - - Updated - - -

Or... You could just gift it to me and use it as a tax write off!

6. bgjohnson

I don't think values are very high right now. There are a few closed auctions that only hit $3600, one was a 35k mile car similar to mine. But I might as well try it.

7. Disney Lincoln

It's worth a shot. No cost to put it on there if it doesn't sell. Buddy of mine just sold a weird vert (Fittipaldi) on there for $2K more than be bought it locally.