1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

what 9" ends to run SVO 11 inch brakes

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by chriscrna, Aug 17, 2009.

1. chriscrna

what 9" ends to run SVO 11 inch brakes

like the title says never done it for a customer and thought you guys could tell me faster than Reading about it.

2. 87Saleen209

Re: what 9" ends to run SVO 11 inch brakes

I had 8.8 bolt pattern 9" ends welded on with stock fox length Moser axles installed. The fabricator had to weld the caliper brackets inbound on the axle tube to make everything line up.

3. chriscrna

cool, thanks :2thumbs: pm me your address and I will send you a radiator support cover

4. TeeJay

Now that is a company that is A+ all around. Southern Outlaw Shop FTW!

5. TeamZmotorsports

the SVO brake kit takes a late model ford big end Strange part # H1137

6. chriscrna

Guess you want a radiator cover too, huh Dave :cheers:

7. 87Saleen209

Now, when I had the rear in my Saleen done, they used the 8.8 bolt pattern ends, they ended up not mounting the caliper bracket on the housing end itself, but the holes seemed to match up correctly. Are there more than one "SVO 11" brakes"?? That's what I thought I had on my Saleen.

8. Mike93SVT

i just went through all this. dave's all over it. the strange race axles, when used with 9in ends, use a 2.5 in offset. that is the same offset from the axle flange to hub flange that the svo brakes use.

the comment about mounting the caliper inside.... that would be for a stock or cobra style brake setup, which have a 3.5in offset from the axle flange surface. then you would want to move the bracket inside the flange to compensate for that extra inch that is needed to move the brakes inward, to match the 2.5in offset of the axles. hope that makes sense.

this is what i got from strange, and how i'm building my 95 gt rear end with stock brakes

9. 87Saleen209

Well, all that I know is that my Lincoln MK7 rear brakes on my Saleen were an 8.8 caliper mounting pattern, that's all that I was going off of. I thought that SVO brakes were being referred to as the actual SVO Mustang brakes that used the Lincoln calipers and rotors. My bad for giving the inaccurate info. I guess it's a good thing I turned down the radiator support, lol.

10. TeamZmotorsports

LOL I dont have a car to use it on if you make one for an F150 i'll take it!

Actually I have about 30 of them made of stainless that I'd like to get rid of :welder:

11. Disney Lincoln

Same here. With the stock SVO rear brakes, i've used the 8.8 housing ends. The trick was to use 1993 Saleen axle length (Mark VII length) and everything bolts right up. I think 87Saleen209 used the wrong length axles (stock Fox) which is why his guy has to put the caliper bracket on the inside of the flange.

12. 8liter

Good info....fixin to do some 9" ends.

13. skip

I have brackets for 9'' housing ends and 96 cobra rear brakes which are 11''