1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Well, no more Ninja for me.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by Cox Abele, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Cox Abele

I had to say goodbye to my Kawasaki Ninja 250 tonight. It sucks because I really enjoyed the bike, and for the season that I had it, it treated me well. Unfortunately, I pulled it's plug, added another $800 and quadrupled the horsepower.

Good bye '06 Ninja 250.
    Hello '01 GSXR 600

IMAG0296.jpg #ad

037.JPG #ad

036.JPG #ad

2. turbotater84

wait you were raggin harleys and riding a ninja 250. :doh:

3. El_Diablo

gotta love a gix.....

4. Cox Abele

Not sure where I did that, but don't see a reason not to. :chacha:

5. turbotater84

the thread the other day about the riders on the southpark episode but fuckin 250 thats like a moped with a gearbox. sounds like you havent rode enough to really have an opinoin

6. PrecisionTurboMustang

Harleys are for fags, I have pictures to prove it. Nice upgrade cox, now don't die.

7. gotageta5oh

I owned a Harley. You would never get me on one of those over priced piles of shit again.

8. enigami

LMAO.... I love the harley hardons and their thoughts that harleys are good bikes. Their over priced junkboxs that dont stop or handle worth a crap. How's you "investment" treating ya now? With the crap economy people cant give harleys away.

::: Rant over:::

Grats on the bike! Really on of the best and most over looked mods to any bike are thr tires. Get yourself a good set of sneakers for that thing and have fun.

9. livefast1

noone else thinks its funny he has his ninja 250 next to his computer in his living room with his cat standing next to it on the carpet :doh:

10. Scott02GT

A moped with a gear box that will out perform just about any harley ever made, I have rode plenty. Had harleys, they run rough are slow and are over priced. They look cool though.

11. Kerrdogg

Just proves bikes get pussy...

Nice upgrade, I wish I still had my Gsxr 750, it was a 96 in copper.

12. BlackMagic94

Y2K GSXR FTW

13. stangman9897

14. turbotater84

its just funny its a ninja 250 my woods bike makes more power than it.

15. mfpmax

Not since in a previous thread someone tried to steal it so he put it inside.

Priorities

16. Cox Abele

One of the biggest factors in when looking at different bikes was fuel injection.

Didn't buy the Cobra after all. Still want a house of course, so I split the difference and dropped $800 into something rather than $6k. I was able to get out of my ninja for what I had in it 4k miles ago, at the cost of tires, an oil change and $60 of mods from ebay. As a replacement, I bought a bigger bike that would handle longer trips a bit better. The 250 at highway speeds would run at 9k rpms. I plan on taking a few longer trips on the bike next season, which means bi-weekly valve adjustments (a half days work) on the 250.

If I would have kept the ninja, I was looking at another $300 to jet and tune the carb just to make a max of 28 hp, so in the end, I may have spent $800, but keeping the Ninja would have ate that up in the next season anyhow.

In the end, I just wasn't as happy with the little bike as I was when I first got it. It felt like it was time to move on, and I was able to do it cheaply.

17. Cox Abele

And now my GSXR make more power than your woods bike, so what's the big deal?

I got into bikes on a slim budget, learned how to ride on the perfect learners bike and moved up when I felt ready... I really don't see a problem here.

18. Cox Abele

Since the bike never dripped even a single drop of oil, coolant, fuel or break fluid, I didn't see a problem with the carpet. As for parking it in doors a.) I had a problem no more than a month ago with theives messing with the bike outdoors b.) how is a non-running bike any more dangerous than a daily run car in an attached garage? Cooking proves to be more of a hazard than racking a bike in my family room.

Harley- no problem for the 250. About the only category they'd put up a fight would be in acceleration. Heavy, expensive, problematic, almost no lean angle and include a very narrow minded pool of wannabes and nut swingers that can't smell their own shit on their knees. As for acceleration- they win out because Harley compensates their lack of performance engineering by brute forcing inefficient displacement into a chassis that is equally discombobulated. To prove that point, if you are only basing an evaluation on performance, put that top performing Harley up against your pick of ANY sport bike with similar displacement- it will loose EVERY time. All of the other factors aside performance can be chalked up to the almighty HD tit that folks like to suckle from. Case and point: Every harley owner has at least one harley t-shirt or piece of apparel with the crest on it. Suckle that tit in your $30 t-shirt all you want- sooner or later that oil leaking pig will sling something on it.

As you can see, Harley aren't my cup of tea-

19. flash

Just ride with some kind of protection.Down here for some reason everyone on a gixxer seems to ride in t-shirts,shorts and flip flops. :stupid: :stupid:

20. Cox Abele

The bike came with gear too, some of which I'll be selling. I really don't need 4 helmets.