1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Dampner

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Bcar, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Bcar

I didnt find alot of info on this subject so
    What dempner are you running and why?
    I was looking at a Fluidamper or a romac.
    This is for a stock bottom end 302 in a 90 GT
    Is there one that I can change the balance on when I go to a stroker?
    Thanks Bob

2. 93GT

I use a Romac that I bought for about $250. They are high quality and you can get them in lighter versions than the all steel one I got for a little more money. It fit perfect and I have had it on and off a few times without a problem. The weight is not adjustable though. I think the Ford Motorsport one is decent and the weight can be adjusted. The cheapest one I have heard to be decent was a powebond I believe it's called for a little under $200. Whatever you do, I wouldn't mess with the cheapy Cat or similar brands that sell on ebay.

3. Bcar

does summit or jegs have them?

4. Bellman Jeff

Romac's are one of the only dampers that I know of, that doesn't require spacers to put the crank pulley back in the stock location..

5. Bcar

Does one of the advertisers here sell them?
    got a part #?

6. 93GT

I believe I bought mine from HoustonPerformance.

7. Injected65

We mainly use/sell the Innovators West dampners (www.innovatorswest.com). They are a bit pricey but they do have interchangable weights and are rebuildable as well.

Chris

8. Bcar

How much are they?
    $349 (just found it on your website)

9. Injected65

Sorry I just got into the shop where the price sheet it. You are correct, $349 for either a 28 or 50 oz. balancer.

Thanks,
    Chris